My 42 Reasons to do Womb Yoga
They say, "You look like you do yoga or something." I'm often shoved into the "earthy" category of stereotypes based on looks initially. The truth is that, I'm not a health guru. I don't consider myself a yogini, either. Unfamiliar with all the terms and labels. Not caught up in poses. Perfection is not the goal, complete balance is.
Yoga is essential for me. When I don't, life's challenges seem to become magnified. A good 1 hour will eliminate the chronic back pain from childhood scoliosis, that I could feel. I can now easily slip into a peace of tranquility while standing in the midst of chaos. I feel myself growing stronger mentally, emotionally, and physically from a regular practice of yoga.
I am trained in the Ma Yoni' at Womb Yoga tradition. It is about honoring the sacred seat of creation, your womb, while utilizing ancient principles. The specific poses, support the female reproductive organs.
I am now able to share this instruction with so many other women.
SISTAHS AGAINST FIBROIDS are meeting every Sunday at 8:30am in Oak Cliff to do Womb Yoga. Join us in the practice. Pre - registration required. Call 214-659-1RBG. (Consult your physician before performing any exercise routine.)
42 Reasons to do WOMB YOGA
1. Eliminate menstrual cramps.
2. Eliminate back pain.
3. Weight management.
4. Peace of mind.
5. Detox organs.
6. Reduce fibroids.
7. Promote sleep and works for insomnia.
8. Stimulate libido.
9. Relieve constipation.
10. Improve immunity.
11. Tighter skin.
12. Aid in fertility.
13. Tone muscles.
14. Lift mood.
15. Improve learning abilities.
16. Builds self - esteem
17. Anti - aging effects.
18. Balance emotions.
19. Helps prevent stroke.
20. Improve joint function and strengthens bones.
21. Improve muscle strength and prevent muscle loss.
22. Build discipline.
23. Help concentration.
24. Strengthen the heart.
25. Improve posture.
26. Prevent colds.
27. Improve appetite.
28. Improve cholesterol levels.
29. Lower risk of diabetes.
30. Lower high blood pressure.
31. Fight dementia.
32. Decrease osteoporosis risk.
33. Prevent feelings of depression.
34. Improve physical balance and coordination.
35. Improve quality of life.
36. Reconnect with femininity.
37. Improve oxygen supply to cells.
38. Reduce menopausal hot flashes.
39. Alleviate endometriosis symptoms.
40. Frequent ovulation.
41. Improvement in PCOS symptoms.
42. Heighten spiritual connection.